P-51 Mustang - 60 In. EPP
A high performance 60" wingspan EPP glider available three ways: as a P-51B, P-51D, or Reno Racer!
This 60" EPP P-51 Mustang is available three ways! Our most popular is a custom-made vacuum-formed clear P-51D bubble canopy. The 60" Mustang is also available with a "razorback" EPP P-51B version and a Reno Racer version featuring a clear vacuum-formed teardrop racing canopy that is based loosely on the popular Strega Reno Racer. All planes now feature a scale straked wing leading edge, just like the full-size P-51B/C & P-51D models. Leading Edge Gliders' versions of these aircraft feature fiberglass-like performance combined with the durability of EPP foam.
- Airfoil = RG-14
- Wing Span = 60 inches
- Radio = 2 channels
P-51B, P-51D and Reno Racer Models Available
- Clear P-51D "bubble" vacuum-formed canopy, clear Reno Racer vacuum-formed canopy, or EPP P-51B "razorback" canopy.
- Scale straked wing leading edge.
- The fuselage is "built-up" in 2 separate layers of EPP foam and is fully pre-shaped and sanded.
- Reinforced fuselage.
- Fiberglass wing spars.
- The aileron control assembly is prefabricated.
- The elevator pushrod assembly is prefabricated.
- Balsa tail surfaces.