BD-5 - 48 In. EPP
A high performance 48" wingspan EPP glider with a great speed and maneuverability!
The BD-5 (sometimes referred to as the "Acrojet") was a sleek single-seat airplane designed by legendary kitplane-maker Jim Bede. Now you can build your own BD-5 and enjoy its reknowned speed and performance! The airframe is without a doubt the strongest on the market and will stand up well to the demands of sloping. The kit uses the same great buiding techniques as the rest of the Leading Edge planes.
- Airfoil = modified RG-14
- Wing Span = 48 inches
- Radio = 2-4 channels
- The fuselage is "built-up" in 2 separate layers of EPP foam and is fully�pre-shapped and sanded.
- Carbon Fiber reinforced fuselage.
- Carbon Fiber wing spars.
- The aileron control assembly is prefabricated.
- The elevator pushrod assembly is prefabricated.
- Balsa tail surfaces.
- Instructions avalible by request via email.