P-51 Mustang - 48 In.EPP
A high performance 48" wingspan EPP glider available three ways: as a P-51B, P-51D, or Reno Racer!
The P-51 Mustang is one of the world's most popular WWII warbirds and was arguably the best American fighter of the war. Leading Edge Gliders offers three versions of the aircraft: the P-51B with a "razorback" canopy, the P-51D with a "bubble" canopy, or the "Reno Racer" with a teardrop canopy. All LEG Mustangs feature fiberglass-like performance combined with the durability of EPP foam.
- Airfoil = RG-14
- Wing Span = 46 inches
- Wing Area = 360 square inches
- Length = 32 inches
- Height = 6 inches
- Weight = 34-44 ounches
- Wing Loading = 16 oz. /sq. ft. at a flying weight of 40 oz.
- Radio = 2 channels
- The fuselage is "built-up" in 2 separate layers of EPP foam and is fully pre-shaped and sanded.
- Reinforced fuselage.
- Fiberglass wing spars.
- The aileron control assembly is prefabricated.
- The elevator pushrod assembly is prefabricated.
- Balsa tail surfaces
- Clear canopies available in either "D" model or Reno Racer.